The NAS Surrey Branch email forum lets you ask questions, receive information and share knowledge with hundreds of parents and professionals in and around Surrey via moderated email.
Please use this form to join the moderated online forum.
If you would like to become a member of the branch for free and receive our newsletter, please complete the membership form.
Before you join, please read the group rules and instructions on how to use the form on the right.
1. To protect group members’ privacy and allow us to say what we wish without concern, messages should not be shared with people who are not group members without the consent of everyone referred to in the post. If given permission to share a message, to protect privacy do not forward it, but instead cut and paste the information into a new email. Check whether an email has been sent to you privately or from the group, and reply appropriately. A private message may contain something for your eyes only, not for the whole group. Always send your postal address or phone number privately. Be aware that most email systems show the email address of the person sending the message, so you should assume that your email address will be visible. If you want to ask a question anonymously, contact one of the moderators.
2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and such messages will not be approved. Any person repeatedly sending such messages may be removed from the group. Constructive criticism is welcomed, and there are bound to be differences of opinion on topics – but stay polite! Please do not use this group to name and criticise other individuals as it may leave us open to legal action.
3. There is a fine line between decency and obscenity. If you aren’t sure where it is then you should err on the side of caution and re-phrase your message. Use of strong language is discouraged. However humour is essential here – often our sanity relies on it!
4. Messages should be broadly related to the topic of autism. Messages considered as off-topic by the moderators may be rejected.
5. Attachments are permitted, but only in PDF format and in general, are discouraged because members who receive messages via the digest may not receive attachments. Any information you want others to know should be in the body of an email, not in an attachment.
6. If passing on information you have found elsewhere, please add an explanation such as ‘I saw this conference information and thought it might interest others’. Please don’t just forward a message or cut and paste a link without any wording from you to explain it.
7. When replying, please reduce quoting from previous posts to a minimum, preferably 4 or 5 lines maximum. Replies just saying “thank you” or “I agree” with little or nothing more added should be avoided, as large numbers of such messages irritate members. So please do not send individual emails to the group just thanking one person for their reply to your question, unless you want to respond to a specific point. Instead, please wait for approx 24 hours after sending your message to see how many responses there are, and then send one email to the group thanking everyone for their replies, or send individual “thank you” emails privately.
8. Blatant advertising or spamming is not permitted. This means that members who provide fee-paying services or have goods such as books or other products on sale are not permitted to advertise through this group. If a member asks for information about a service or product which you provide, please email one of the moderators (listed below) with your message, and they may either send the information to the forum or to the individual who asked the question. Registered charities and statutory service providers may use this group to publicise their activities within reason, as long as they are relevant to autistic children/adults or their families.
9. Please configure your auto-responder to ensure that messages to the group are not automatically responded to when you are on holiday etc.
10. The group moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post, to decide not to approve any post, or remove any member from the group. If you have a complaint about anything related to the NAS Surrey Branch Email Forum, please see our Complaints Procedure.
The Moderators/administrators are:
Sara Truman email: email@example.com
Emma Ellis email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Boyce-Davies email: email@example.com
Emma Whitfield email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only use this form to join the NASSB – NAS Surrey Branch Email Forum online support group.
This moderated forum lets you ask questions, receive information and share knowledge with hundreds of parents and professionals in and around Surrey.
SENDING A MESSAGE
Once you’ve joined, to send a message to the group, just send an email to NASSB@groups.io – there will be a delay between you sending your message and it appearing on the forum whilst it is moderated.
If you no longer wish to be part of the forum, you can unsubscribe from the link in any email from the group, or by sending an email to this address.
Once we have processed your request, you will receive an automated message from Groups.io inviting you to accept an invitation to ‘NASSB – NAS Surrey Branch Email Forum’.
Please be aware that once you have joined, you will receive emails in your inbox and the number varies a great deal. You can choose to only follow selected topics, or ‘mute’ those you are not interested in. Please visit the Members Manual on the Groups.io Help Center page for details and look for ‘Muting and Following’.
If you have any difficulty with any of the above, please contact email@example.com
If you have a complaint about anything related to the NAS Surrey Branch Email Forum, please view our Complaints Procedure.
The NAS Surrey Branch email forum is open to people living in Surrey or one of the bordering counties/London boroughs. It is run by volunteers, and the purpose of the group is two-fold:
The group also welcomes autistic adults and professionals who work with people on the autism spectrum.
The group is moderated by volunteers and only subscribers can post to it. There are about 1000 members from in and around Surrey NB: MEMBERS COULD INCLUDE PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW YOU AND CAN RECOGNISE YOU FROM YOUR POSTS.
Any information given through the forum is from one parent to another unless otherwise specified; it is not medical advice or professional advice of any kind and the NAS does not endorse any product, service, therapy or website mentioned in posts. You should always consult a suitably qualified practitioner before implementing any treatment or intervention.
Professionals are encouraged to join in discussions – but should note rule 8 (see left).